Thursday 22 January 2015

today I was asked a question

Today at work, as I sat in my bosses site cabbin eating my lunch, we where talking about my ambition to go back to collage, my step dad is still working on his lap top and dose not look over to me, but I say that im not sure if I should or if I want to, and he said "well what do you want to do?!" As he kept working I replyed "I dont know" and he said "well you must have interest you must have something you want to do, so what do you want to do?" This question as be asked of me so much by myself let alone the people who know me, and in the moment I started to cry, just softly to myself, I did not want to cry I knew it would do nothing and help no one, I was wearing my hoddi with the over sized hood and thanks to it when some steel workers walked in I was able to leavem y luch and just walk out, I could not help my self I felt I needed to let go I needed to let it out, I booted my helmet and walk out of the site and spent the next ten minutes crying by a wall out the front of the school we are adding to, I feel so scared not to know the desires of my owen heart and to see that frustrated look on my step dad the same face everyone who knows me makes I cant hekp byt to feel that all I will be asking is, "whats next?" "what do I want?" My step dad stoped his work and found me made me a mug off tea and told me about the way all his friends had died around him in a car crash amd how you can never know tomorrow, I knew what he was going to say even before he found me because its the same as what anyone would say  in that position iv been that person before, I managed to clam myself and continue the day, but I never realised that I had grown so distant from myself I never realised I could just break down and cry, iv always been reserved iv never wanttec drama
( I am a labourer on my step dads building site, he is also my boss)

No comments:

Post a Comment